An exciting new free event is inviting music educators to Get Creative! with exploring new ways to help shape Kirklees Year of Music 2023 and inspire young people’s creativity
The event is being held at Greenhead College in Huddersfield on Thursday 21st November starting from 4.00pm and finishing at 6:00pm, with The Greenhead College Jazz Ensemble on hand to welcome the attendees.
A packed programme of presentations will showcase the impact that increased music provision is having in a number of local schools and new resources and ways to link music across the curriculum will be explored.
Keynote Speaker—Ashley Lund, Arts Leader, New Bewerley Community Primary, an Opera North In Harmony School. ‘Why the arts are important in Primary Education’
More speakers including –
- Simon Jacobs, Head of Music Greenhead College— The power of music in education
- Yvonne Embury, The Mirfield Free Grammar – Engaging boys and retrieval techniques
- Hardeep Sohata, Bangra Dance and the new Musica Bhangra education pack
- Heidi Johnson, Yorkshire Sound Women Network – Sound Archaeology
- Kirstie Wilson, Kirklees Libraries—Shelf Help
- Gail Dudson, Yorkshire Youth Music— using Apps to deliver music to SEND
- Peter Simons, Music Teacher Thornhill J & I School—Rhythm Cards
- Sue Bennett, Musica Kirklees – Everyone Can Sing
The session is free to attend and places can be booked via this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/kirklees-year-of-music-2023-education-launch-tickets-74683461243
As some schools’ systems are blocking the link, it’s also possible to book a place by emailing email@example.com
For any further information, please email Becky Pugh, Music Relations Officer – Education & Wellbeing for Kirklees Year of Music 2023 on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07528 988777.